6/29/10

Spicy Tuna Sashimi Salad













My friends and I always order this when we're at Japanese restaurants, so earlier today, I figured I'll try and make it myself... and I can proudly say that it tastes just as good! :D

This is a great appetizer or side dish. Here's how to make it:

Ingredients
Fresh tuna (sashimi grade) cut into small cubes
Japanese mayonaisse (Kewpie brand is good)
Togarashi (japanese chili powder)
Fresh cabbage leaves
Crushed crunchy tempura flakes*

Directions
Mix mayonaisse and togarishi together first. (Base amount on how spicy you want your dressing to be, and also never use too much mayonaisse that it will overpower the sashimi already.)
Mix the dressing with the sashimi and some of the crunchy tempura
Serve on a bed of fresh cabbage leaves, garnish with more crunchy tempura
Best served chilled!
Enjoy! :D


*To make crunchy tempura flakes, refer to this video.

No comments:

Post a Comment