3/5/09

Grilled Sea Bass and Asparagus

So here is what I cooked for tonight's main course! I was initially planning to cook the fish ala Jamie Oliver's beer fish and chips, but realizing that my mom bought these large and very fresh sea bass steak fillets, I felt that it would be better to just make something a little fancier. Haha!

So this recipe is really very easy. Let me get to it.

Ingredients:
Sea Bass steak cut into about an inch thick fillets (like in the photo)
Dried or fresh rosemary
Asparagus
Salt and pepper
Butter
Marinade

Now for the marinade, I just used Selection ready-made Lemon and Garlic marinade*. I poured it on the asparagus and sea bass fillets, just enough to get them coated --not really super drenched, and then rubbed the fillets with salt, pepper, and rosemary herb. Then I left the asparagus and fillets in the fridge for about 40 minutes. You can leave it there for longer, of course, if you like.

* - If you want to make your own lemon and garlic marinade though, it's just made of olive oil + lemon + lots of crushed garlic/garlic powder + pepper.

Now we grill! For this recipe, instead of using an electric griller or a real with coal griller, I opted for a ridged griddle.

Directions:
1. Put some butter on the griddle. This will serve as your oil and add some extra flavor.
2. When the griddle is hot (you'll know when the butter begins to bubble/pop), go on and place the fillets and asparagus!
3. Grill each side until ridge marks begin to form and the meat turns a beautiful white with a brownish tint from the butter. This will take around 15 minutes total, depending on whether you like yours rare, medium rare, medium well, or well done. I recommend medium well. Just the right amount of rawness inside the meat, but also with that little burned-ish taste on the outside! Haha! For the asparagus, just take it out when it begins to soften.

Enjoy! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment