3/5/09

Chef's Salad

Today I made dinner again. This time my mom and dad ate too! I made chef's salad and grilled sea bass; the recipe of the latter in the next entry.

I like salads, but usually we have the salad bar type of thing going on in our house where our helpers just lay out the lettuce and have the sliced veggies and the different dressings, and it's up to us to mix and match. I like that too, but frankly I was getting a little tired of it already and really, I just wanted eggs in my salad! So then I decided to make this one.

Ingredients
Romaine/Iceberg Lettuce
Hard boiled eggs (sliced)
Cheddar cheese cut into small cubes
Tomatoes (sliced, if it's a big one)
Carrots and cucumbers* (cut into strips)
Crushed Bacon and/or croutons
Your favorite 'mayo-based' dressing. I recommend Low-fat Caesar dressing or Thousand Island.

Directions
Toss everything together and top with crushed bacon and/or croutons! Add a little pepper too and voila! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment