9/8/09

The Meatlover's Pizza Sandwich

Ok, so I haven't been posting much recently. I've just been so busy! Anyway today I was craving for a slice of pizza, but we didn't have any at home and I didn't have enough money to buy, so I decided to just make something kind of like a pizza. I call it, the Pizza Meatlovers Sandwich! Now the picture doesn't look so appetizing; I just used a 2 megapixel camera phone since my DSLR's with my brother, but trust me, it is reeaaal good.


Ingredients:
2 slices of bread (regular sandwich bread is fine, cibatta is better)
Ketchup (regular flavor. NO Tamis-Anghang or Banana ketchup for this)
Ground black pepper
Basil (can either be fresh or dried)
Quickmelt cheese and or mozarella
Feta/white cheese in herbed olive oil (optional)
1 Green olive (optional)
2-3 slices spiced Ham
1 and a half big strip of Bacon
1/4 of onion

Directions:
  1. Spread ketchup on one side of both bread slices (don't be frugal, but don't put too much that the bread will get soggy)
  2. On one bread slice, put lots of slices of your cheese, crumble about two-three small feta cubes, and put about half a teaspoon of the herbed olive oil over it.
  3. Slice the onion and green olive and put these on the same side of the bread as the cheese/s and ketchup
  4. Add a pinch of pepper
  5. And add, if using fresh basil, slices of 1 leaf. If using dried basil, just a dash
  6. Fry the spiced ham until it begins to brown
  7. Fry the bacon until the meat is reddish brown and the edges crispy
  8. Add on the meat on the bread
  9. Cover with the remaining slice
  10. Grill sandwich in a sandwich griller until bread has browned with grill marks, and cheese has melted. *
  11. ENJOY! :)
To make it meatier, feel free to add sauteed ground pork or beef, pepperoni, or whatever your favorite meat is! Just remember not to use too many salty types of meat or else the pizza sandwich will become too salty.

*If you do not have a sandwich griller, I guess you can use the oven toaster and toast the sanwich for about 5 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment