12/21/08

Crunchy Tuna Melt














When I wake up more than 1 hour after lunch, I usually end up cooking up my own lunch or... "snunch" (snack that serves as my lunch). Today was one of those days, and my snunch was a Crispy Tuna Melt sandwich. I just thought of this today, but the inspiration for the crunch I got from a bar/resto near my school where my friends and I hang out a lot. Here's the recipe:

Crispy Tuna Melt
*Makes for 2-3 sandwiches

Ingredients:
1 small can hot and spicy century tuna
1 red onion chopped up
1 tomato chopped up
1 egg
1 pack skyflakes, or whole wheat crackers (depends on how crunchy you want your tuna melt to be)
mayonaise
quickmelt cheese
Bread slices

First, heat the pan with 1/4 of the oil from the can of tuna. Sautee the onions until they begin to caramelize, then add the tomatoes and the contents of the can of tuna. Keep sautee-ing until the oil begins to evaporate and then add the egg. When they all begin to cook together, break the crackers into small pieces and mix in the pan. Turn off heat after about a minute or two.

While waiting for the contents of the pan to cool a bit, spread some mayo on the bread slices. Then add some cheese onto it, and then finally, the contents of the pan. Put on some more cheese slices, and then finally complete the sandwich with the other bread slice. Grill or toast the sandwich until brown and serve!

5 comments:

  1. thanks. ingredients noted to grocery list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love hot and spicy tuna. this one sounds promising for those lazy days i crave for sandwiches. be trying this one out! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks guys! i hope you enjoy it! the more cheese the merrier! :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. I TRIED IT AND I LOVE IT! :DDD wala lang kaming hot and spicy so medyo nilunod ko nalang siya sa pepper :))

    ReplyDelete